Rules, Regulations & Fees
- Professional dancers are not permitted to compete. Professional dancer is defined as anyone who is employed as a full-time dancer with a professional dance company on a yearly contract that engages the dancer at least 26 weeks per year. This also includes dancers who are not currently employed under such contract, but have been in the past.
- The Official Connecticut Classic reserves the right to use any photo or video recording of the participants’ performances during the competition for promotional purposes.
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and registration will be closed when the quota is reached or one month before the competition, whichever comes first.
- All solo participants in Junior and Senior Divisions have a choice of performing one or two of the variations from the classical ballet repertoire list. Youth Division participants may perform one variation or two variations from the classical ballet repertoire list. Youth Division variations may be adapted to fit the participants technical abilities. Note: Youth Division participants are not required to perform en pointe.
- Participants wishing to perform a pas de deux from Classical Repertoire List may perform adagio and the optional coda.
- If there is a sufficient number of male competitors, a male division will be created
The Official Connecticut Classic must receive participants’ on-line registration and music no later than 30 days prior to the date of the competition, February 5, 2018. Registrations received after the cut-off date are subject to a late fee. All fees must be paid with registration. If mailing in registration please mail to: P.O. Box 161 Watertown, CT 06795
1 Variation & Master Class $175
2 Variations & Master Class $250
Pas de Deux – per couple & Master Classes $300
1 Variation, Pas de Deux & Master Class $350
2 Variations, Pas de Deux & Master Class $400
Master Class Only – For students not participating in the competition $75
All Variations and Pas de Deux will be filmed and photographed during the competition. A professional digital video will be sent via email and is included in your Registration Fees for each participant. All competitors will be able to view and purchase individual photographs at the competition. All registrations include the Master Class, unless participant is only taking the Master Class.
The Official Connecticut Classic does not issue refunds. In the case of injury, The Official Connecticut Classic should be notified immediately by the participant, parent or teacher.
Ages 15-19 years (female)
15-20 male (except competing male partners in pas de deux)
Ages 12-14 years (female and male)
Ages 9-11 years (female and male)
Pas de Deux
15-19 years (female)
15-25 years (male, non-professional as described in the Rules & Regulations)
- Coppelia (Delibes/St. Leon)
- Diana and Acteon (Pugni/Vaganova)
- Don Quixote (Minkus/Petipa)
- Flower Festival at Genzano (Helsted/Bournonville)
- Giselle (Adam/Perrot, Coralli)
- Grand Pas Classique (Auber/Gsovsky)
- La Bayadereﾠ (Minkus/Petipa)
- La Esmeralda (Pugni/Petipa)
- La Fille Mal Gardée (Hertel/ Nijinska, Romanoff)
- Laurencia (Chabukiani, Crain)
- Le Corsaire (Adam, Drigo/Petipa)
- Les Sylphides (Chopin/Fokine, Bournonville)
- Paquita (Minkus/Petipa)
- Raymonda (Glaszunov/Petipa)
- Satanella (Pugni/Petipa)
- Swan Lake (Tchaikovsky/Petipa/Ivanov)
- Flames of Paris (Asafiev/Vainonen)
- Sleeping Beauty (Tchaikovsky/Petipa)
- The Talisman (Schnietzhoeffer/Drigo/Petipa)
- Harlequinade (Drigo/Petipa)
- The Fairy Doll-Variations
- The Nutcracker, Male Cavalier Variation Only (Tchaikovsky/Petipa/Ivanov)
- The Pharaoh’s Daughter (Pugni/Petipa)